Monday, April 14, 2014

Great Customer Service or Not?

I've seen so much poor customer service lately that it makes my heart sad.  People act as if they hate their job, and everyone they have to deal with on that job.  Why are they allowed to continue?  I don't get it. Perhaps it's because their employer is not aware of their behavior, or they are too scared or "nice" to deal with the bad employees properly.

If you own a business, the people under you are a reflection of you.  You need to make sure they are properly trained, and you need to make sure they know what you expect and are dealt with properly when they don't perform they way you expect them to perform.

Have you ever had a CS Rep or Cashier just look at you when you come up to their register?  No "Hello," no "Thank you," nothing is said, and they look at you with a blank stare?  I have, and it's not pretty!

I once asked a WalMart associate if she was having a bad day, because she began "barking" at me and being very mean and rude.  She responded by nastily saying, "No I'm not having a bad day are you?"  I should have reported her to management right then and there, and I regret not doing that.  Believe me, the next time it happens, they will be reported!  I'm tired of bad customer service, and you should be, too!

As a business owner, you need to make sure the customer is taken care of, and dealt with in a cordial manner.  That doesn't mean they are allowed to be unreasonably mean or abusive to your employees (train employees how to deal with these situations, too), but it does mean the customers need respect and to know you appreciate their business.  After all, without customers where would your business be?


No comments:

Post a Comment